Our Vital Signs
RMP, along with network communities across the United States, organize their work around a ‘Roadmap to Success’ that plots the course of a young person’s journey from cradle to career. This roadmap encompasses seven core outcome areas that have been identified as the most critical for the success of every child: Kindergarten Readiness, Early Grade Reading, Middle Grade Math, High School Graduation, Post-Secondary Enrollment, Post-Secondary Attainment, and Youth Employment.
National and local research indicates that when our youth are hitting targets in these seven outcome areas, their potential for long-term success greatly increases AND success of young people in these areas is synonymous with economic vitality. These Cradle to Career Outcomes are similar to vital signs used in healthcare, in this case, they tell us about the economic health of our community. The Cradle to Career Outcomes are HOW we measure success for our youth long-term.
ABOUT THE DATA:
- MEAN SCALE SCORE, DATA SOURCE: COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, (WWW.CDE.STATE.CO.US?ASSESSMENT/CMAS). YEAR CORRESPONDS TO YEAR TEST WAS TAKEN.
- THIS VALUE REPRESENTS THE NUMBER OF STUDENTS AT OR BELOW THE MEAN SCALE SCORE.
- 4-YEAR, ON-TIME GRADUATION RATES. YEARS CORRESPOND TO HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION YEAR.
- ENROLLED IN FALL SEMESTER DIRECTLY FOLLOWING HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION. DATA CORRESPOND TO YEAR OF PUBLICATION.
- 6-YEAR COMPLETION RATES (CERTIFICATION TO MASTER’S) OF STUDENTS WHO ENROLLED IN FALL SEMESTER DIRECTLY FOLLOWING HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION. YEAR CORRESPONDS TO YEAR OF PUBLICATION.
- PERCENTAGE OF YOUTH AGES 18-24 MAKING A SELF-SUFFICIENT WAGE. ESTIMATES ARE UPDATED EVERY THREE YEARS. DATA SOURCE: U.S. CENSUS BUREAU, AMERICAN COMMUNITY SURVEY 1-YEAR ESTIMATES.
DATA REFLECTS YOUTH IN FIVE PARTNER SCHOOL DISTRICTS: ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS, ADAMS COUNTY 14, MAPLETON PUBLIC SCHOOLS, 27J SCHOOLS, AND WESTMINSTER PUBLIC SCHOOLS.