The Uninsured and Healthcare Response and Recovery Team is working to ensure uninsured residents have access to healthcare and other needs during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Mobile COVID-19 Testing Subcommittee:
- The Mobile COVID-19 Testing Subcommittee is working to provide mobile COVID testing for uninsured community members from vulnerable populations, including undocumented community members and community members experiencing homelessness.
- #1: Support uninsured residents to access health insurance through Connect for Health Colorado.
- #2: Prevent the spread of COVID-19 amongst vulnerable populations (with priority for the immigrant population and community members experiencing homelessness) through Community Outreach and Mobile COVID testing.
- #3: Improve telehealth access for vulnerable populations (in development)
- #4: Strengthen communication efforts to enable access to insurance and healthcare (in development)
- Extension of Open Enrollment Period for State Health Insurance (Impact: 14,263 uninsured Coloradans, 1,014 Adams County residents)
- Over $400,000 has been secured through the Adams County Foundation, Adams County Government CARES Act Allocation, and City of Westminster to stand up and expand mobile COVID-19 testing for uninsured community members (including undocumented community members and community members experiencing homelessness.) (Impact: Outreach to 3,357 uninsured community members; 113 uninsured community members receiving COVID-19 testing)
- $200,000 has been secured to provide cremation and funeral support for lives lost to COVID-19.
- Organizational and community-wide practices and paradigms have shifted to lift up collective work and alignment to meet the needs of populations who experience the largest gaps in access to health insurance and care, including the uninsurable (undocumented community members and others) and community members experiencing homelessness.
Join This Effort
For more information about the Response and Recovery Team, please contact RMP Backbone Staff at 816-547-2679 or firstname.lastname@example.org.