The Food Security and Basic Essentials Response and Recovery Team is working to support residents with food essentials and basic needs during the COVID-19 crisis.
- #1: Access to online grocery shopping and delivery for SNAP Users.
- #2: Support Food Security for Vulnerable Populations Through Community Food Hubs.
- #3: Secure transportation/delivery support for food and basic essentials providers.
- #4: Lift the needs that food and basic essential providers are identifying in real time for PPE, supplies, and resources to entities facilitating the collection and distribution of these resources and supplies.
- #5: Lift the needs that food and basic essential providers are identifying in real time for volunteers to entities facilitating the coordination of volunteers.
- A comprehensive resource flier, developed by Hunger Free Colorado, was distributed to interested school districts to include in their meal bags.
- The U.S Department of Agriculture approved a request from Colorado and a dozen states to allow online purchases using federal food assistance. (Impact in Adams County as of 6.10.2020: 1,281 online food purchases amounting to $108,141: 44 online cash purchases amounting to $1432.86).
- Transportation and delivery support has been secured for local food providers, thanks to American Furniture Warehouse and the Colorado Motor Carriers Association.
- $200,000 has been aligned to support sustaining meal service for families within three community food hubs from May 1 through June 30 (Estimated Impact: over 900,000 meals in South Westminster, Federal Heights, and Commerce City).
- With resource alignment support through the Food Security team, Adams 12 Five Star Schools hit their 500,000th meal served, and all 10 of their mobile food distribution sites are up and running.
- Organization and community-wide practices and paradigms have shifted to lift up collective work and alignment to meet the needs of populations who experience the largest gaps in access to food and basic essentials.
Join This Effort
For more information about the Response and Recovery Team, please contact RMP Backbone Staff at 816-547-2679 or email@example.com.