Supporting Our Community Through the COVID-19 Crisis
The COVID-19 pandemic is testing collective impact efforts in ways never experienced before, and the approach is helping communities successfully navigate these unknown times. RMP’s collective impact efforts have been created a strong foundation of collaboration and evidence-based decision making throughout the region that has enabled the Partnership to support equitable COVID-19 response and recovery efforts in the Adams County region
Championed by Adams County’s Board of County Commissioners, the response and recovery work targets those who are impacted most by the COVID-19 pandemic, which correlates directly with populations who are historically and systematically marginalized. Because the disparities within the community were further exacerbated by the pandemic, seven response and recovery teams were established in order to meet the immediate needs of those populations:
- Child Care
- Business Support and Retention
- Aging Services
- Uninsured and Healthcare Access
- Housing Stability
- Food Security and Basic Essentials
- Support for the Unemployed and Future Workforce
Adams County Government invites and welcomes participation on these critical Response and Recovery Teams from cross-sector community partners as there is also opportunity to come together to stay abreast of what others are doing related to emergency management, share resources with one another, and identify and lift opportunities for potential coordination of efforts. This includes information sharing, breaking down community-wide barriers, and aligning policies and resources to support emergency response efforts. Response and Recovery Teams will be working to accomplish the following:
- Bring cross-sector and key community representatives, including residents who are being impacted the most by the most by COVID-19 to work together to co-develop solutions to community-wide COVID challenges and gaps.
- Determine and monitor the current and growing state of each emergency response focus area and set targets to best support Adams County Residents and Businesses that are in alignment with state and national COVID-19 response priorities.
- Identify resources and supports for Adams County residents and businesses and make them publicly available.
- Identify gaps in support and barriers Adams County residents and businesses are experiencing.
- Determine action needed, in alignment with the state and national COVID-19 response priorities, to meet needs and gaps in support lifted through the Response and Recovery Teams.
- Respond to critical questions listed by the community in real time.